Dear Valued Customers,
Over the last several weeks, news about the spread of COVID-19 (the Coronavirus) and the concerns it raises have dominated the headlines. As always, ORAM Corporate Advisors is here for our clients and we are taking all precautionary measures as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to protect our customers, our employees, and our community.
Through this emergent situation, ORAM will continue to provide the superior quality and timely service you have come to expect. If you have an appointment set with ORAM, please know that we value your health and safety as well as that of our team. With that in mind, we have increased the intensity and frequency of daily cleaning measures at our offices and have provided staff with hand sanitizer. Most of our staff are also working remotely as well to reduce contact between our employees. We have also delayed all on-site visits until May 15, 2020, following recommendations issued by the Centers for Disease Control.
We have directed our staff to take the following steps to ensure the health of our customers and our team:
- Schedule phone calls rather than face-to-face meetings whenever possible.
- Avoid shaking hands and other physical contact.
- Wash hands frequently and avoid touching your face.
- Use hand sanitizer when hand washing is unavailable.
- Stay home when ill or if exposed to COVID-19.
In addition to the cleanliness and security measures we are taking at ORAM, we also want to warn you about cybersecurity threats related to the Coronavirus. The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has warned everyone to remain vigilant for scams related to this pandemic.
Cybercriminals may send emails with malicious attachments or links to fraudulent websites in an attempt to trick you into revealing sensitive information or donating to fraudulent charities or causes. As with any email, exercise caution in regard to emails with COVID-19 subject lines. Please take extra precautions with COVID-19 attachments and hyperlinks as well as requests for support on social media, via text, or even phone calls.
The following are cybersecurity tips from CISA and ORAM to best protect yourself and your business during this health crisis:
- Avoid clicking on links in unsolicited emails and be especially wary of email attachments.
- Use trusted sources such as legitimate government websites for up-to-date, fact-based information about COVID-19.
- Do not respond to email solicitations or reveal personal or financial information in emails.
- Verify a charity’s authenticity before making donations.
- Be especially aware of malicious phishing attempts related to COVID-19. See Using Caution with Email Attachments and Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Scams for more information.
- Watch for fraudulent charges on bank and credit card statements as well as online shopping sites as more people are shopping online rather than in stores.
- Educate your employees about these cybersecurity threats immediately and how to avoid them.
As more information becomes available, ORAM Corporate Advisors will do everything we can to stay ahead of the virus and other issues it raises. It is imperative to us that customers like you feel safe as we continue to protect your business. We greatly appreciate your support, partnership, and mutual cooperation as we address the concerns of COVID-19 together as a community.