Insights From ORAM Corporate Advisors
Bookmark this page to learn more about technology for business.
Troubleshooting: The Top Reasons To Outsource IT Services
Are you a business owner or manager in need of tech support? Maybe you’re concerned about keeping your data systems safe and secure as your business grows. Or, maybe you’re a small business with a staff that’s like family, but don’t know where to begin to hire an in-house IT person.
business online network team
Whatever your situation, outsourcing for tech service and support can be a significant ‘operating systems update’ and a valuable resource for any size organization – even if you have a great tech person already on staff.
To help you make the right decision for your business, here are some important reasons you’ll want to consider entering into a partnership with a managed tech service provider.
1) Reduced risk. Outsourced IT is a first choice for many small and mid-sized businesses for data management. You won’t have to worry about security, backing up your files, or maintaining dedicated servers and hardware.
2) Increased access. Need tech support after hours? Whatever your hours of operation, it’s an incredible advantage for your business when your staff is able to call a trained, friendly IT professional at any time. Disaster recovery and data security are two issues that will keep you up at night, if you don’t have a backup plan in place. You don’t want to miss out on business, just because the problem happened at the wrong time of day. If you have a weekend issue or late night problem, an on-call IT service staff is better than Superman – and easier to reach than your favorite in-house staff troubleshooter.
3) Better communication. Do you speak tech? Sometimes, great hiring managers and business leaders are intimidated by tech speak – and don’t always make the best in-house hire. Outsourcing for IT guarantees a range of services, including mobile device support, data management, and great programming skills. Even better, when you outsource for IT you are guaranteed to get a person with both technical know-how and great people skills. Customer support is part of the package – so you don’t have to feel intimidated.
4) Greater flexibility. If your tech needs change over time, will the IT person you hire to be the jack-of-all-trades be able to grow with the position? What if you need an updated system of operations, or new security, or to migrate your files to the cloud? When you outsource, you can negotiate the service levels you’ll need to fit your business and work with consultants that can help you set the best course of action.
5) Cost savings. When you outsource, IT service becomes a predictable line item on your budget. You save on the costs to hire additional staff in-house, and often save money because the tech support provider will provide a range of expertise and services that you couldn’t get from a single hire or even a small department of people.
Convinced? Whenever you’re ready to explore your options for outsourcing your IT needs, visit us at Oram Corporate Advisors. We’re happy to explain our service, and make great recommendations for business solutions. We invite you to get in touch with us today!